Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Face painter at Sandton City

I went shopping at lunchtime today at Sandton City. I tried to get a photo of Santa, but he wasn't too happy with me and my camera. LOL! So I took some photos from the first floor balcony instead. Maybe I'll try again tomorrow - I'm going again - this time with Madi.

I wasn't very impressed with their Christmas theme this year actually, normally it's magnificent. This year most of the space is taken up by a stand for Build-a-Bear workshop, and there's hardly any room for the traditional storytellers, facepainters and Santa display. As far as I'm concerned it's a money-making racket this year, the centre is obviously making a fortune renting the space to the Bear workshop (and that part was completely EMPTY).

3 comments:

Oswegan said...

I've noticed that Santa gets a little pissed when you take his picture, instead of paying the elves to take one for you.

~Oswegan

Anonymous said...

NIce pic. PIty the decorations and activities are not what they usually are. I haven;t seem much Christmas cheer at all yet and Canal Walk here is all Disney themed, not Christmassy at all.

Fiona's photo a day said...

I can just picture Santa giving you a dirty look when you tried to take his picture without paying lol

I haven't been to one mall this December that had nice Christmas Activities for the children...sad actually