THREE CORNERS - JULY
I chose Art as the theme this month. I had such grand ideas of taking some shots of true African art, but I ran out of time. LOL! So, instead, here are 3 shots of different types of art that I see around me most days.
I took this one at the beginning of the month. It's by far the best piece of graffiti around here. I think it's incredible.
I took it in an open piece of ground between Darrenwood and Linden in Johannesburg.
Face
I posted something similar a few days ago, but I just love these massive chess pieces. They're about thigh height, on a massive chess board at Misty Hills hotel in Muldersdrift
Queen on a chessboard
And then I couldn't resist taking these photos of Bradley tonight. He made this clown suit out of paper and cardboard at school today. I love all his artwork that he brings home!
Paper clown
Check out Lindy and Coreys blogs for their takes on the theme. Can't wait to hear what August's theme is!





8 comments:
Great variety of art.
love that graffiti!
That is one good looking piece of graffiti. Vibrant. I find myself wondering what is on the other wall?
That first shot is really eye-candy - VERY niiiiiice!
wow that first one really is amazing! There's something about carved wood that really touches me so I love the second one too. Oooh and well Bradley is too cute for words and really gets into this months theme!!
ooooooooooooooooo you choose some great ones. :) I love the variety. :) all really different shots. well done.
fabulous. i love the one of bradley- he looks so chuffed with himself!
I can never get myself to do something like you have done here, shooting or post processing the image to be at an angle. I was taught to be more traditional in photojournalism, with level horizon lines and such. This is more art which I need practice. If you don't mind, I'll link to your blog for inspiration. Thanks!! http://perry-myworld.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment